According to a new survey by Harris Poll of more than 2,200 U.S. adults, these are the top moving motivations for survey respondents:
- 52% said they’d consider moving to another state to live in for a better climate or better weather.
- 41% said they’d consider moving for a job opportunity.
- 35% said they’d factor in proximity to family.
- 25% said they’d consider a move for health reasons
- 18% said they’d move to be closer to friends.
- 16% said they’d relocate to be closer to a significant other.
- 14% said they’d move for greater educational opportunities.
- 13% wanted to live in an area with a more accepting lifestyle.
- 11% said they wanted to move to a place with political views that are more accepting.
Source: “Moving Motivations: What Would Make Americans Consider Uprooting?” RISMedia (Jan. 7, 2016)